Introducing AXIUS® SC – the World’s Most Reliable Hygienic Rupture Disc
Engineered for CIP (clean-in-place)/SIP (steam-in-place), electro-polishing and passivation capabilities, Fike’s Axius SC is ideal for all hygienic industries. This “do-all” 3-A compliant hygienic rupture disc includes:
Each of Fike’s hygienic rupture discs are engineered and manufactured to use within applications such as chemical synthesis, fermentation, extraction, formulation and packaging.
What is a “Hygienic” Rupture Disc?
Hygienic rupture discs must maintain similar hygienic qualities found throughout a stainless steel production facility in the biotech, food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Non-hygienic rupture discs and holders may collect unwanted media or bacteria, resulting in ruined batches, production downtime and irreparable harm to customer confidence.
Some of the unique features of a hygienic rupture disc include:
- CIP (Clean-in-Place)/SIP (Steam-in-Place) compatible – meaning the rupture disc remains during cleaning and is engineered to withstand high burst pressures and temperatures produced by CIP/SIP equipment.
- Hygienic gaskets (not rupture disc holders) seal rupture disc within ferrules or NA connect fittings.
- Option for electro-polishing – a method of using a mild acid and low voltage of electricity to create an ultra-smooth finish, which greatly reduces areas for media or bacteria to collect.
- Option for passivation – a method that removes any microscopic traces of carbon (which may cause rust or corrosion) during the rupture disc’s production.
- Quality control hygienic packaging ensures contaminants do not transfer onto rupture discs.
- Material used is often stainless steel or hastelloy to match the material of the rest of the facility.
Each of Fike’s hygienic rupture discs not only incorporate these hygienic requirements but also feature the best operating ratios, highest cycle life and most reliable performance for which Fike’s rupture discs are known.